Indonesia Mengglobal (IM), a non-profit organization established in 2012, is looking for enthusiastic team leaders and members as part of the management team for February 2019-January 2020. We are a growing team of volunteers committed to assist our fellow Indonesians in realizing their goals of pursuing higher education and or professional opportunities abroad so Indonesians can be recognized on the global stage.
All roles in IM’s management team are unpaid. IM provides a great opportunity for you to volunteer, contribute to Indonesia, find a platform to harness your skills, and expand your network.
We are looking for 1 person to join IM’s core team as Director of IT. This person will report directly to IM President.
DIRECTOR OF IT
Nature of the position
Director of IT is expected to commit on average 2 hours per week. However, this person is expected to provide prompt response whenever pressing technical issues occur. As the work is done remotely, this person can be based anywhere.
Roles and responsibilities
- Overseeing the performance of IM’s online infrastructure system and troubleshooting whenever technical issues arise;
- Developing strategies to improve IM’s online system security and website performance;
- Providing effective automation support for the various aspects of IM’s work, including annual mentorship program and recruitment.
Why join as Director of IT?
- Practice your computer and problem-solving skills, solid résumé builders;
- Contribute towards IM’s long-term growth by shaping and maintaining IM’s website performance;
- Contribute to improving the experiences of fellow Indonesians aspiring to study and pursue professional opportunities abroad;
- Gain direct access to IM’s network of professionals, students and alumni;
- If you are planning to further your study abroad, we are committed to assist you by connecting to the right resources from our network;
- Stand a chance to represent IM in various speaking opportunities!
Who are we looking for?
Director of IT must:
- Be Indonesian;
- Have a good understanding of website development;
- Have good problem solving skills;
- Experience with Google Apps Script and WordPress is a plus;
- Be communicative and responsive to the online communication with fellow team members;
- Be punctual and committed to working tight deadlines, especially when pressing technical issues occur;
- Academic degree in IT or computer science is a plus.
If you are interested in becoming IM’s Director of IT, please fill out this application form by 5 January 2019, 11:59 PM Western Indonesia Time (WIB). We will contact you to schedule an interview after the application period has ended.