The International Workshop on Big Data and Information Security (IWBIS) provides an international forum designed to examine key critical innovations in the research of Big Data and Information Security areas. IWBIS thus invites scientists, engineers, and professionals alike to present their ideas and experiences related to Big Data and Information Security topics in the workshop.
IWBIS 2020 welcomes paper submissions on innovative work from researchers in academia, industry, and government describing original research work. Papers related to this conference theme including but not limited to the following technical areas:
- Data capture and storage;
- Big data technologies / tools / (programming/development) tools;
- Data visualization;
- Machine learning algorithms for big data;
- Cloud computing platforms;
- Distributed file systems and databases;
- Scalable storage systems;
- Large-scale knowledge graphs.
- Big Data management;
- Big Data applications and implementations;
- Authentication and access control;
- Anonymity and privacy;
- Cryptographic protection;
- Digital forensics;
- Human factors in security;
- Multimedia security;
- Network and mobile security;
- Security management and policies;
- Hardware and physical security;
- Cryptocurrency and Blockchain;
The IEEE Xplore and Scopus have indexed proceedings of the earlier editions of the workshop. Accepted papers will be submitted for inclusion into IEEE Xplore.
This year, we will hold the workshop at the Faculty of Computer Science, Universitas Indonesia, Depok, on October 17th, 2020. Please visit the conference web site for more information :
1st Round Timeline
- June 17th, 2020: Final Deadline of Full Paper Submission
- July 17th, 2020: Notification of Acceptance
2nd Round Timeline
- July 24th, 2020: Final Deadline of Full Paper Submission
- August 16th, 2020: Notification of Acceptance
September 18th, 2020: Camera Ready Paper Submission
October 17th, 2020: IWBIS 2020 Main Event
Authors invited to submit papers electronically via the system found at the conference web site. Paper templates and submission instructions are available at the conference web site. Paper submissions are due by June 17th, 2020, and should not exceed six pages (or ten pages with an additional fee) with a 2-columns format.