Cloud System Engineer
Nokia – Indonesia
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
The cloud system engineer is a junior position and a member of Nokia APAC NI Customer Engineering (CE) team, responsible for
- Installing/upgrading/maintaining cloud ecosystems, such as Linux (RedHat, Ubuntu, CentOS), hypervisor, container
- Installing/upgrading/maintaining Nokia server-based applications on bare-metal servers or cloud environment
- Installing, configuring, testing and maintaining operating systems mainly Linux based OS such as RedHat, Ubuntu and CentOS, application software and system management tools
- Ensuring the highest levels of systems and infrastructure availability
- Support Nokia internal testing and assist Nokia NPI and CE team for customer POC preparation and execution.
- Manage and monitor all installed systems and infrastructure
- Able to architect complex solutions, improve, and maintain our Virtual infrastructure.
- Proactively ensure the highest levels of systems and infrastructure availability
- Write and maintain custom scripts to increase system efficiency and lower the human intervention time on any tasks
- Participate in the design of information and operational support systems
QUALIFICATIONS, KNOWLEDGE, AND SKILLS:
Must have thorough understanding of basic IP network theory with detailed knowledge of routing and switching on Ethernet network. Experience in Linux operating system plus In-depth knowledge of virtualization technologies (including KVM, VMWare, etc.). The candidate must also possess knowledge in programming language such as Python, Ansible and shell/Java scripting.
Ability to communicate professionally through all types of media with associates and management.
Must have strong work ethics, be well organized, and reliable. Ability to work independently and with a team in a fast-paced and high volume environment with emphasis on accuracy and timeliness.
LANGUAGE PROFICIENCY & OTHERS
- Proficiency in spoken and written English;
- Energetic, customer-service oriented with strong inter-personal skills, dependable and flexible.
- Willingness and eagerness to learn.
- Self-starter especially on new scope/technology.
- Can work independently and more importantly, work in a team.
- Able to work in tight schedules and occasionally, work on off-hours project activities.
- Possesses analytical and systematic view in identifying and dealing with technical challenges in the course of project work.
- Good business understanding in vendor or/and operator/service provider environment.
- Strong troubleshooting, problem solving skills and working experiences on test equipment.
- Clearly communicate (verbal and written) in English.
- Self-motivated and self-development/learning.
- Able to manage activities under high pressure and critical deadlines.
- Able to handle several important tasks at the same time.
- Able to look at different factors and prioritize tasks.
- Able to influence to get the right outcomes.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
Bachelor’s degree in engineering or computer science.
Job Type: Full-time
Submit your: resume and transcript to
Contact: Gatot Susilo (firstname.lastname@example.org) and put subject: [Cloud System Engineer]