0. Frontend engineer (mostly React)
1. Backend engineer (Go)
2. Envoy Proxy (https://envoyproxy.io/) engineer (C++)
Join a team of world-class engineers at a well-funded Silicon Valley
startup. Seeking backend software engineers experienced in building
distributed systems using Go, C++ and gRPC. We are building a secure, and
highly available service mesh platform for mission-critical enterprise
applications for Fortune 500 companies, spanning both the legacy and modern
infrastructure. Should possess strong fundamentals in distributed systems
and networking. Familiarity with technologies like Kubernetes, Istio, and
Envoy, as well as open contributions would be a plus. We are one of the top
three contributors to Envoy and Istio.
We are working on the next generation of networking services using Istio,
Envoy and a few of the open projects which help redefine authorization and
security space in general. Our CEO, Varun Talwar, was the initial founder
of Istio and gRPC back in Google. Prior to starting Tetrate, our CTO JJ
helped build the cloud infrastructure team at Twitter and worked on
security-related infrastructure and hybrid infrastructure for easing cloud
1. Istio https://istio.io/
2. Envoy Proxy https://www.envoyproxy.io/
Positions are “remote”, and you will get access to offices:
- San Francisco, Seattle, and Boston (Where all of our Envoy and Istio maintainers live).
- Bandung (We have Dhi Aurrahman as one of the Envoy Proxy maintainers here in Indonesia, https://www.linkedin.com/in/diorahman/).