Teaching Assistant Scholarship Program for Graduate Studies Program at Masters Level (Magister Ilmu Komputer – MIK or Magister Teknologi Informasi – MTI) Academic Year 2015/2016 Term 2
Scholarship recipients will also be contracted as part time teaching assistants and will receive monthly allowance.
For the academic year 2015/2016 Term 2:
the number of scholarship depend on budget availability or sponsorship
Scholarship Program Details
Scholarship recipients will be exempt from having to pay tuition fees, and will receive a living allowance of IDR 2.4 million/month. The scholarship will be provided for up to 3 (three) semesters. Alongside their postgraduate studies, scholarship recipients will also be contracted to work as a Teaching Assistant with part-time workload, where the recipient will be affiliated with one of the following 8 research labs at the Faculty of Computer Science, Universitas Indonesia:
- Computational Intelligence, Pattern Recognition & Image Processing
- Computer Networks, Architecture & High Performance Computing
- Digital Libraries & Distance Learning
- Enterprise Computing
- Formal Methods in Software Engineering
- IT Governance
- Information Retrieval
Scholarship recipients are obligated to the following tasks:
- Teaching assistant activities (such as tutorial and homework grading) in one or more courses
- Administrative works
- Upon graduation, selected scholarship recipients will be contracted to the Faculty of Computer Science, Universitas Indonesia for the duration of n+1 semesters, where n is the period of scholarship support.
Scholarship recipients must have no work commitments outside the Faculty of Computer Science, Universitas Indonesia during the period of the scholarship program and the period of being contracted after the scholarship.
To apply for the scholarship, applicants must satisfy the following eligibility conditions:
- This scholarship is available for Indonesian citizens only.
- Applicants must have an undergraduate degree (Sarjana, or S1 graduate) from a reputable academic institution in the fields of computer science/informatics, information system, information technology, electrical engineering, mathematics, or other computationally-related fields, with a minimum GPA of 3.00.
Applicants must fill in and submit the attached application form and include the following required documents:
- Certified copies of education certificates of degree (S1) and academic transcripts
- Curriculum vitae (including academic background and research track record)
- Recommendation letters from 3 referees, at least 2 of which are related in academic capacity, e.g. thesis supervisor.
- Cover Letter: written in English, not more than 3 pages, including motivation, research and teaching interests, teaching experiences, if any.
Applicants should previously register to the academic program through the Universitas Indonesia’s online registration at https://penerimaan.ui.ac.id, and must complete all requirements, including passing the academic and English proficiency exams.
When submitting applications, soft copies of the above documents should be submitted before the deadline (see section on Schedule) via email to HRD ( firstname.lastname@example.org ).
In the subject area of your email, please write the following tag:
- For application submission: [Apply TA S2 Scholarship 2015/2016 Term 2]
- For inquiry: [Inquiry TA S2 Scholarship 2015/2016 Term 2]
For more information about the Faculty of Computer Science Universitas Indonesia, please visit our homepage: https://www.cs.ui.ac.id
Shortlisted candidates will be invited to attend an interview session at the Faculty of Computer Science, Universitas Indonesia, whereupon they must show hard copies of the above documents.
The result of the evaluation process is one of the following:
- Accepted with full scholarship (including living allowances) and contract obligations.
- Accepted without scholarship and no obligation, candidates can still try to apply for other scholarship schemes such as BPPS or a specific project work from a research lab.
- Not accepted.
All recipients of the scholarship will be required to sign the following statements:
- A letter of statement that the recipient is obligated to teaching assistant activities in the Faculty of Computer Science, Universitas Indonesia.
- A letter of statement that upon graduation, if offered by Faculty of Computer Science, Universitas Indonesia, the recipient shall accept contract as a Full Time Teaching Assistant (Probation Staff), for the duration of n+1 semesters, where n is the period of scholarship support.
- A letter of statement that the recipient has no work commitments outside the Faculty of Computer Science, Universitas Indonesia during the period of the scholarship program and the period of being contracted after the scholarship.
Schedule for the academic year 2015/2016 Term 2
|5 Oktober – 13 November 2015||Registration:
online for SIMAK UI: penerimaan.ui.ac.id
|13 November 2015||Registration:
by email, sent scholarship’s documents to: email@example.com
|29 November 2015||SIMAK UI – Academic and English Proficiency Test|
|28 November 2015||Fasilkom UI – Subject Exam (Operating System, Algorithm, Data Structure, Software Engineering, Database, Computer Network, Mathematic Discrete, Linear Algebra)|
|30 November 2015||Interview (only selected candidates will be scheduled for an interview) *when needed|
|21 Desember 2015||SIMAK Announcement|
|*to be informed||Final Announcement Scholarship|